2 Construction workers shocked at Phoenix work sitePosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Two construction workers are in the hospital after a bizarre accident at a Phoenix work site.
Both men suffered electrical shocks, one of them through his radio headset.
Rescue crews were called out to the site at 25th Avenue and Broadway Road shortly before midnight.
According to the Phoenix Fire Department, a man down in a 35-foot deep trench was using a radio to give directions to a crane operator who was lowering a load into the trench.
The load swung into some power lines, shocking both workers.
The crane operator suffered several second- and third-degree burns. The other man in the trench was also injured, but not as severely.
Both men were taken to the burn unit at Maricopa County Medical Center.