Man trapped in burning apartment

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- A Phoenix man is in the hospital after he was an early morning fire trapped him inside his apartment.

Apartment fire

Man hurt in early morning apartment fire - A Phoenix man is in the hospital after an early morning fire tore through his apartment complex Tuesday.

Search Video:

The fire broke out at about midnight in the area of 35th and Peoria avenues.

While firefighters were able to contain the flames to the one first-floor unit, they had trouble getting to the man who was trapped inside.

The victim, whose name has not been released, suffered second- and third-degree burns to about half of his body.

Investigators are looking into what sparked the fire. Neighbors said the power might have been out and that the man might have been using candles for light.

>