Worker shocked by transformer at construction site

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- A worker received a shock when equipment he was using came in contact with an electrical transformer Monday morning.

Video

RAW: Worker shocked by transformer - A worker received an electrical shock when equipment he was using came in contact with a transformer Monday morning.

Related links:
  • ?
  • ?
Search Video:

According to a Phoenix Fire Department spokesman, the man was working on the roof of a building under construction at 48th Street and University Drive when he came in contact with electrical wires.

The worker felt some tingling in his hands and was taken to Maricopa Medical Center for observation.

Sparks from that contact caused a small fire. Firefighters arrived and were able to quickly extinguish the blaze.