UPDATE: Police ID victims of domestic violence murder-suicide

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- Phoenix police on Thursday released the names of those involved in a domestic violence situation that ended with a murder-suicide.

Murder-attempted suicide

Police investigating apparent suicide - Police are investigating what they believe to be a murder-suicide at a Phoenix apartment complex.

Related videos:
Search Video:

Danielle Gary was 20 years old.

Investigators say Jason Perry, 23, shot and killed her Wednesday morning before turning the gun on himself.

While Gary was pronounced dead on the scene at the Highland Park apartments at 27th and Glendale avenues, Perry was rush to the hospital in extremely critical condition. He was later pronounced dead.

ORIGINAL STORY: Domestic dispute ends in murder-attempted suicide

PHOENIX -- Detectives are investigating what they believe to be a murder-attempted suicide at a Phoenix apartment complex.

It all started with a shots-fired call at the Highland Park apartment complex at 27th and Glendale avenues early Wednesday morning.

When police arrived on the scene shortly after 3 a.m., they found a woman who had been shot to death. A man was also wounded. Officer Luis Samudio of the Phoenix Police Department said the man's injuries are life-threatening. He reportedly was in extremely critical condition when he was rushed to the hospital.

"There was an altercation between boyfriend and girlfriend where the boyfriend shot and killed his girlfriend," Samudio said. "Then in turn, he went in and shot himself, as well."

Two young boys -- a 4-year-old and a 1-year-old -- were in the apartment at the time of the shooting. They were not hurt and are now with other family members.

Neighbors said the couple were celebrating last night before things took a tragic turn.The boyfriend allegedly had just received paternity test results from his two boys, and the girlfriend had won some money in a lawsuit.

It's not clear yet what sparked the fight that led to the shooting.

At this point, police have not released the names of anyone involved in the incident.