Ceiling collapses on firefighters in Tempe house fire, 2 hurt

Posted: Updated:

TEMPE -- Fire tore through a Tempe home early Tuesday morning.

Water was too much for ceiling
azfamily.com

It happened near McClintock and University drives.

Firefighters said the water from the hoses might have been too much for the ceiling which gave way and collapsed while seven firefighters were inside.

Two were injured, but they have been checked out and are going to be fine.

Fire crews said the home, which is a total loss, appeared to be vacant.

It's not clear what sparked the fire, but it is under investigation.

Google map of the area

>