League announces fan code of conductPosted: Updated:
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL has implemented a new code of fan conduct first recommended by commissioner Roger Goodell at the league meetings in April. The policy is aimed at curbing conduct the league says "detracts from the gameday experience."
The code includes bans on behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal. Drunkenness and signs of alcohol impairment resulting in irresponsible behavior will not be permitted. Neither will foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
Fans also can be ejected for interfering with the progress of the game, including throwing objects onto the field. Ejections can be warranted for fans who fail to follow instructions of stadium personnel, or if they display verbal or physical harassment of fans from the opposing team.
The Arizona Cardinals are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for all fans, both inside University of Phoenix Stadium and throughout our parking areas. The Arizona Cardinals Code of Conduct was developed for all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. All ticket holders are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their season seats. Stadium and parking lot staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where ticket holders, their guests and other fans can enjoy the game free of behavior prohibited in our Code of Conduct. Ticket holders and others who violate these provisions will face ejection from the parking areas and/or stadium, along with possible arrest and potential revocation of season ticket privileges without refund.
The following is the Arizona Cardinal Code of Conduct:
When attending an Arizona Cardinals game, all fans should be aware of and comply with the following guidelines:
- Fans are expected to present a valid hangtag to enter the game day parking areas, sit in their ticketed seat location and produce their game ticket when asked by Arizona Cardinals, parking lot, stadium or security staff.
- Fans wearing clothing deemed obscene or indecent will not be allowed entry inside or will be subject to ejection from University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Foul or abusive language and obscene gestures will not be tolerated.
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive or illegal in nature will not be tolerated, including verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans.
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to any type of illegal drug or excessive alcohol consumption will not be tolerated.
- Behavior not appropriate in a public setting will not be tolerated.
- Excessive standing in seating areas which blocks the view of other ticket holders will not be tolerated.
- Interference with the progress of the game or failure to following instructions of Arizona Cardinals, parking lot, stadium or security staff will not be tolerated.