Monday, November 24Posted: Updated:
Suzanne was at Blanco Scottsdale at The Borgata, located at 6166 N. Scottsdale Road, #601. For more information, call (480) 305-6692 or .
IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST USE A TURKEY FRYER...
Avondale Fire Rescue advises you follow these tips:
- Fryers should always be used outdoors, on a solid level surface a safe distance from buildings and flammable materials.
- Never use a fryer on a wooden deck, under a patio cover, in a garage or enclosed space.
- Do not overfill the fryer.
- Never leave the fryer unattended because, without thermostat controls, the oil will continue to heat until it catches fire.
- Never let children or pets near the fryer when in use or after use as the oil can remain hot for hours.
- Use well-insulated potholders or oven mitts and wear long sleeves and safety goggles to protect from splatter.
- Make sure the turkey is completely thawed before it is placed in a fryer.
- Keep all-purpose fire extinguishers nearby.
- If a turkey fryer fire occurs, call 911 immediately
For more information on Avondale Rescue Safety tips, contact Avondale Fire Rescue at 623-333-6112 or .
LIGHT RAIL JOBS
For more information on jobs along the light rail route, .
HOSPICE FOR HOUNDS
For more information or to find out how you can help, go to , or .