Elderly man killed after not making it out of house firePosted: Updated:
CHANDLER - An elderly Chandler man never made it out of a house fire Sunday morning.
The fire broke out in a shed at a home near Alma School and Chandler Boulevard.
When firefighters arrived at about midnight, they found a shed in the back yard up in flames with fire spreading to the house. At this point it is unclear what sparked the fire.
A Chandler Fire spokesperson told 3TV that, "On arrival we were met by the wife who said that her husband was working in a workshop and she was awakened by apparently the smell of smoke and burning."< /p>
A 70-year-old man was the one killed in the fire. His name has not been released yet.
Firefighters were able to get everyone else out of the home safely.