Family hurt in house fire after BBQ explodes, 1 airlifted

Posted: Updated:

TONOPAH -- A house fire in the West Valley threw a plume of smoke visible for miles up into the sky Wednesday evening.

Family injured in house fire after BBQ explodes
azfamily.com

A family barbecue got out of hand. Police say a house in Tonopah caught fire after a grill broke and exploded.

The homeowner, his wife and daughter were all hurt. One of them was taken by helicopter to the Maricopa County Burn Unit while the others were transported by amublance.

The extent of the family's injuries are unknown at this time.