Avondale family homeless after early morning fire

Posted: Updated:

AVONDALE -- A family of four is looking for a new place to live after an early morning fire tore through their home. It started in a Ford F-150 parked in the driveway at about 2:30 a.m. and then leaped to the house, quickly making its way into the attic.

Flames jumped to house

Early morning fire forces Avondale family from home - A family of four is looking for a new place to live after an early morning fire tore through their home.

Related videos:
Search Video:

The three people who were home when the fire broke out were able to get out safely.

By the time firefighters arrived at the home near 100th Drive and Lower Buckeye Road the flames were already in the attic.

Some 30 firefighters were able to get inside the burning and known down the flames, but the damage was done.

No injuries were reported.

The family returned to the home this morning to pick up what few of their belongings weren't damaged. They were able to pack it all into a single car.

It's not clear what sparked the fire, but it is under investigation.