Five families homeless after Glendale apartment firePosted: Updated:
GLENDALE -- The Red Cross is helping five Glendale families who are homeless after a fire ripped through there apartment complex.
It happened Sunday evening near 51st and Northern avenues.
When fire crews arrived at the Stillwater Apartments, they discovered several people were trapped on an upper-floor balcony.
Firefighters were able to rescue those residents, as well as four cats.
Nobody was injured, but six units were damaged.
It's not clear yet what sparked the fire.