Report: Boy's electrocution death caused by faulty wiring

Posted: Updated:
Original report after death
azfamily.com

TUCSON - A report by an expert hired after an 8-year-old Tucson boy was electrocuted at a city park says an improperly insulated splice in a junction box caused his death.

The report released on Thursday says DeShun Glover was shocked by electricity transferred from a 277-volt line in a junction box when the splice touched the metal lid.

Glover was standing in a puddle at Reid Park ballfield on July 25 when he was killed. A lightning storm was in the area but he was not struck.

Instead, the report from outside electrical engineer George Hogge released by the city blames an electrician at Fluoresco Lighting and Signs for failing to properly insulate the splice.

A message seeking comment from Fluoresco officials was not immediately returned.