Lightning sparks house fire in Glendale

Posted: Updated:

GLENDALE -- Lightning struck the chimney of a Glendale home during Thursday night's storm, sparking a fire.

Smoke detectors saved homeowners
azfamily.com

It happened at about 11:30 p.m. at Redfield just north of Thunderbird Road and 63rd Avenue.

The home was equipped with working smoke detectors, so everybody was able to get out safely.

Firefighters arrived quickly and thanks to an aggressive attack, were able to get a handle on things in a relatively short time.

Damage to the home was minimal and no injuries were reported.

The homeowners should be able to get back into the house some time Friday.