Unattended pan on stove ignites fire at Mesa apt. complex

Posted: Updated:
8 units affected by blaze
azfamily.com

MESA - Flames burned through an apartment complex near Dobson and Guadalupe on Wednesday night.

Mesa Fire tells 3TV an occupant of one of the apartments left a pan of oil on the stove and left to a store.

It took about 50 firefighters to get it under control. No one was hurt but a total of eight units were affected with damages estimated at about $600,000.

The Red Cross was called in to help.