Early morning fire rips through Avondale home

Posted: Updated:

AVONDALE -- An early morning fire has made it impossible for an Avondale family to move into their new home.

Family had not moved in
azfamily.com

Flames ripped though the home at 122nd Avenue just south of Thomas Road around 1 a.m.

The fire was mostly contained to the back of the house and the attic, but it might have started outside.

Crews said the family, who had not even moved in their belongings yet, was doing some painting on Monday.

No injuries were reported.