Man injured trying to douse house firePosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- A Valley man was injured while trying to put a house fire in West Phoenix early Thursday morning.
It happened shortly before 3 a.m.
The man apparently ran back into his burning home near 68th Avenue and Thomas Road afrer getting his daughter safely outside.
Firefighters said the man was burned when he tried to douse the flames himself.
Crews on the scene believe a candle left burning in a bedroom sparked the fire.
Most of the damage was contained to the back of the home.