BBQ gone bad lights house on fire

Posted: Updated:
BBQ gone bad caused fire
azfamily.com

GLENDALE -- A barbeque this afternoon sent a house up in flames.

The smoke was so thick neighbors stepped outside to see where it was coming from.

"All of a sudden you smell smoke in your own house... And you're like 'what the heck is that!"

The fire broke out in Glendale near 47th avenue and Union hills.

By the time the fire department arrived, the fire had moved to the attic.

Crews were able to get a handle on the fire, and while the homeowners are with out a home for right now, firefighters were able to save most of the house.