Chandler family escapes early morning house fire

Posted: Updated:
azfamily.com

CHANDLER -- A Chandler family was lucky to escape their burning home Wednesday morning.

Fire went first alarm

Chandler crews were called out to Alma School and Ray roads shortly after 2 a.m.

A man woke up to some loud noises. When he went to check it out, he discovered that his garage was on fire.

He woke his wife and two children and got them safely out of the house.

While the flames had spread to the attic by the time they arrived, firefighters managed to contain the flames to three rooms. The rest of the house was relatively undamaged.

It's not yet clear what sparked the fire, but crews on the scene said it might have been an electrical issue.

No injuries were reported.