Overnight fire damages ASU frat house

Posted: Updated:

TEMPE -- An overnight fire caused some damage to a fraternity house at Arizona State University.

Overnight fire at Sigma Ki house

It happened at the Sigma Ki house around 11 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters say students shoved too much wood from broken down pallets into the chimney then lit it on fire.

There was a lot of smoke from all the wood and creosote in the chimney also caught on fire.

Students dialed 911 and got out of the house.

The students were allowed to go back inside once the fire crews put out the fire, but there will be some repairs needed.

No one was hurt.