Dropped lighter sparks trailer fire in Mesa

Posted: Updated:

Trailer destroyed

Dropped lighter sparks trailer fire in Mesa - A dropped lighter is to blame for a mobile home fire in Mesa.

Search Video:

MESA -- A dropped lighter is to blame for a mobile home fire in Mesa.

Flames broke out in the trailer near Southern Avenue and Country Club Drive around 8:00 Thursday night.

The man who lived in the trailer said he accidentally dropped a lighter. The carpet caught fire and from there, the flames quickly spread.

A dozen birds inside the home were killed, but the homeowner said he was able to rescue his two dogs.

The man is expected to be OK, but the fire destroyed his trailer.