Phoenix cellular store burnsPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The eastbound lanes of McDowell Road were closed at 28th Street for a time Wednesday morning due to a fire.
Video from NewsChopper 3 showed firefighters venting the roof and breaking out the windows of the Sun Cellular Repair and Installation building.
Firefighters said police first spotted the fire and contacted the fire department.
Even with all of the electronic equipment inside the store, the fire was not hazardous.
Fire crews on the scene said there was mostly quite a bit of smoke.
It's not clear what sparked the fire.
No injuries were reported.