Man lit on fire siphoning gas from car

Posted: Updated:

PHOENIX -- A Valley man is in the hospital after an early morning fire damaged two north Valley homes, and it started while he was working on his car.

Spark caused flashback fire
azfamily.com

It happened near 31st Avenue just south of Greenway.

A man reportedly was siphoning gas from his car when a spark caused a flashback fire.

The man was found with burns on his hands, legs and feet. His condition is unknown.

The explosion started a fire that damaged the carport and garage of the man's home and then spread next door.

It's not clear how badly that second house was damaged.