Man mixing cleaning chemicals overcome by fumes

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) (Source: CBS 5 News)

Eight apartments were evacuated at a Glendale complex late Monday afternoon after a man mixing cleaning chemicals was overcome by fumes, authorities said.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies showed up ready to confront a possible meth lab when they learned the situation had nothing to do with drugs at all.

Fire crews near 135th Avenue and Dysart Road, just off of Luke Air Force Base, said the man with respiratory issues told them he was mixing chemicals to clean when he began having trouble breathing.

More details are expected to be released soon.

Copyright 2014 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.