Shed catches fire, melts power line in Chesterfield

Posted: Updated:

Several families lose power after a shed catches fire in Chesterfield and melts a power line.


Fire crews confirm this all happened in the 4700 block of Bonnie Brae Road, near Hopkins Road.

The flames got so intense that an overhead power line caught fire, then went down across a nearby chain link fence. Three families had to be evacuated around 7:30 p.m. Thursday for safety reasons. 

The fire was caused by overheated equipment and is believed to have been accidental. No one was hurt.


Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved