Burning candles lead to west Toledo house fire

Posted: Updated:
TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) -

Part of a west Toledo home caught fire early Sunday morning due to burning candles, according to firefighters.

Firefighters say a man living inside of the home on the 2600 block of Oak Grove Place made it out safely.

It's unclear if the candles were left unattended.

The fire was contained to one room, and firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames.

The fire caused minimal damage to the home.

Follow Toledo News Now:  

Copyright 2014 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.