Hampden volunteer firefighters battled a fire in the frigid temperatures Friday night.
Firefighters got a call of a chimney fire around 7:30 that a home at 185 North Monson Road.
But the fire quickly spread.
A portion of the road was closed down as firefighters responded.
There are no fire hydrants on the street so firefighters had to pump water from a nearby pond to help put out the fire.
There are no reports of injuries or how that fire started.
Copyright 2013 wshm (meredith corporation). All rights reserved.