Man burned in Apache Junction trailer fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) (Source: CBS 5 News)
(Source: CBS 5 News) (Source: CBS 5 News)

A 54-year-old man was seriously burned in a mobile home fire in Apache Junction Wednesday evening, fire authorities said.

The Apache Junction Fire Department rushed to 310 N. Ocotillo at around 6 p.m. 

News helicopter pictures show the trailer was gutted by the blaze.  

The victim, who suffered second and third-degree burns to his upper body, was taken to the Maricopa County Burn Center.

Firefighters said the victim told them he had been cooking with grease and a fire started at the stove which he was unable to extinguish.

Stay with cbs5az.com and CBS 5 News for updates on this developing story.

[Text BREAKING to 23765 to get news alerts on your mobile phone]

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.