FOX19 Investigates: Kentucky bridge projectsPosted: Updated:
- Local transportation officials held another meeting to discuss the future of the Brent Spence Bridge.The Major Transportation and Infrastructure Projects Subcommittee met with a spokesperson from the OhioMore >According to a new study from AAA, drivers are five times more likely to have an accident in the Brent Spence Bridge corridor, compared to other areas of Ohio and Kentucky.More >
- President Barack Obama called the Brent Spence Bridge 'rotten' during a press conference on Friday.Obama took questions from reporters after meeting with congressional leaders at the White House aboutMore >President Barack Obama called the Brent Spence Bridge 'rotten' during a press conference on Friday.More >
- Another Brent Spence Bridge meeting was held to discuss project's financing. The 'Build Our New Bridge Now' Coalition met with the Kentucky Transportation officials on Wednesday evening. The coalitionMore >The 'Build Our New Bridge Now' Coalition met with the Kentucky Transportation officials on Wednesday evening. The coalition believes the best way to speed up bridge construction is through private financing.
- Another meeting over the $2.7 billion Brent Spence Bridge project was held on Thursday. If tolls are used to help fund the new Brent Spence Bridge project, there wouldn't be any physical toll booths.More >If tolls are used to help fund the new Brent Spence Bridge project, there wouldn't be any physical toll booths. Instead, transponders would be used.
- The City of Covington is hosting an informational meeting about the Brent Spence Bridge project on Tuesday inside Commission Chambers at City Hall at 6 p.m. Information on a toll study being performedMore >City leaders said the meeting was held to get the three new city commissioners up to speed on the project, but dozens showed up to hear the latest information, first-hand.
- There is a move to speed up the construction of a new Brent Spence Bridge. A group of local leaders are working together to try to drum up support for construction to begin up to five years earlier thanMore >The Build Our New Bridge Now coalition wants to push lawmakers to start allocating funding for the project, and one option is to make the new Brent Spence a toll bridge.More >