Wethersfield school briefly evacuated Monday morning

Posted: Updated:

A school in Wethersfield was briefly evacuated Monday morning after a strong odor of gas was noticed.

Students at the Emerson-Williams School was evacuated after the odor was noticed, and officials from Connecticut Natural Gas that went to the school to investigate tightened a gasket on a gas meter.

Students were allowed back inside a short time later.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.