A child playing with a burning candle under a bed started a fire that severely damaged a Glendale house Thursday night.
Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department said fire was reported about 8:45 p.m. in a neighborhood near Northern and 43rd avenues.
He said all the occupants of the house got out without injuries, though the fire department sent more than double the normal amount of firefighters because of reports that people were trapped.
Young said the Glendale Fire Department has a Youth Firesetter Intervention Program that provides customized educational interventions in situations such as last night's house fire.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.