Ashes or cigarettes could be cause of house fire in Canton

Posted: Updated:

The Canton Fire Marshal believes that the improper disposal of wood stove ashes or cigarettes caused a fire at a home on Freedom Drive Wednesday night.

Officials believe that the fire started outside of the home under the wood deck and next to the walk-in basement.

Two people were inside the home at the time of the fire, but were able to get out before being seriously injured, officials said.

No firefighters were injured during the fire, officials said.

The American Red Cross were helping those people who have been displaced and gave them emergency housing, food and clothing.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved