Arizona seasonal road closures begin soonPosted: Updated:
If you are heading to Arizona's high country, be aware of some roads closing soon.
A handful of state routes across the state are closed annually due to the significant amount of snowfall and most are reopened in the spring, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
- State Route 67 between Jacob Lake (US 89A) and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon (31 miles) will close on Nov. 30.
- State Route 473 to Hawley Lake is the first of three highways in the White Mountains that will shut down this winter, beginning on Thursday, Nov. 15.
- State Route 261 between Big Lake and the State Route 260 junction is scheduled to close on Dec. 17.
- State Route 273 between Sunrise Park and Big Lake will close Dec. 17. The four-mile long portion of SR 273 between SR 260 and Sunrise Park will remain open to provide access to the ski area.
- A portion of State Route 366 that leads to Mount Graham near Safford will close on Thursday, Nov. 15. ADOT may need to close the scenic highway, also known as "Swift Trail," at lower elevations as necessary to allow for snow removal.
Drivers can find the latest highway conditions around the state at ADOT's Traveler Information Center at az511.gov.
Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.