Casey Anthony has moved out of FloridaPosted: Updated:
Casey Anthony is now living in a different location, according to her attorney, Charles Greene.
During a one-year state supervised probation Anthony was serving for check fraud charges, she was prohibited from leaving Florida. That probation ended on Thursday, Aug. 23. It's unclear exactly when Anthony moved from an undisclosed location in Florida to outside of the state.
"She has relocated. She no longer has to live with the same security precautions that surrounded her," Greene said. "The hate mail has subsided a lot. She's doing better."
Anthony, her attorney says, has more freedom now that her probation has ended, but she continues to live out of the public eye because of the vitriol leveled towards her and her criminal defense team after her acquittal on murder charges in July of last year.
"Casey is surprised and hurt by the intensity of the hatred directed towards her," said Greene.
"None of the people who have profited from her case, the TV pundits and others, none of them have been looking for the truth. They're all dwelling on the scandal."
Greene also strongly refuted an internet article published this week that Anthony is currently in New York City finalizing a book deal and meeting with a CNN host to discuss on on-air interview.
"Absolutely untrue," Greene said.
Anthony's legal troubles are not over yet. She is facing a handful of civil lawsuits including one filed by a Kissimmee, FL, woman named Zenaida Gonzalez who claims Anthony defamed her by claiming she left her daughter Caylee with a nanny by a similar name.
In her criminal trial, Anthony's attorneys said "Zanny the Nanny" was someone Anthony made up.
That trial is scheduled to begin in January.
CBS 5 has also learned a hearing scheduled for next week in that civil case has been moved to Oct. 4.
Anthony wants to preclude Gonzalez's attorneys from mentioning any aspect of the criminal trial in the upcoming civil trial.
Anthony's lawyer says he plans to file between five and 10 new "motions in limine" in the coming weeks in an attempt to limit the amount of evidence that can be introduced in the upcoming trial.
On Friday, Anthony's defense filed a motion asking the judge to bar any reference to the criminal investigations within which she was involved. [Click here to read the full motion (PDF)]
Judge Lisa Munyon has already limited the scope of how Gonzalez's attorneys can proceed with their case.
The trial will hinge on a statement Anthony made to her mother Cindy while incarcerated in the Orange County Jail on July 25, 2008. Anthony stated, "When they went and interviewed that girl down in Kissimmee, they never showed me a picture of her…"
Less than two weeks prior to that, Anthony was shown a series of photos by Orange County deputies investigating her daughter's disappearance. Upon seeing each photo, which included a picture of the Zenaida Gonzalez who brought the lawsuit, Anthony told investigators none of the people in the photos was her daughter's nanny. Gonzalez herself was questioned by investigators before Anthony was shown her picture. Gonzalez told deputies she had no knowledge of a missing child and did not know Anthony.
Greene says Anthony looks forward to the day where she can speak publicly about her case, but she doesn't plan to speak about the case until her legal issues have passed.
Anthony's criminal team is appealing the four counts of lying to law enforcement she was convicted of last July.
A representative with the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in Daytona Beach, FL, has said a judicial panel could decide on that appeal before the end of the year.
Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.