Fire at Marana resort quickly extinguished

Posted: Updated:
MARANA, AZ (AP) -

A mechanical failure in a clothes drier at a resort in Marana caused an explosion and fire, but the blaze was quickly put out.

Northwest Fire Department Capt. Adam Goldberg says Thursday that two members of the housekeeping staff at the Ritz-Carlton-Dove Mountain suffered minor injuries.

A sprinkler system had already knocked down a majority of the flames by the time fire crews had stretched hoses into the building.

Goldberg says all administrative offices were evacuated as part of emergency procedures, but the area that houses guests was unaffected and that the resorts remains in full operation.

Copyright 2011 Associated Press.  All rights reserved.