'Billfold Bandit' sought in 9 Valley bank robberiesPosted: Updated:
The FBI's Bank Robbery Task Force needs the public's help in identifying a man they dub as the "Billfold Bandit" responsible for pulling off nine bank robberies in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
The man is described as being in his mid 20s to early 30s. He is between 5'6" and 5'10" tall and weighs between 150 and 180 pounds. He has light brown facial hair, light brown hair and brown eyes.
The suspect has worn sunglasses, blue jeans, long-sleeved shirts and several different hats, including a golf-style hat, a baseball hat with the word "Dublin" and a shamrock on the front and a baseball hat with an "H" embroidered on the front.
Authorities say he is wanted in connection with these holdups:
- June 3, U.S. Bank, 4707 E. Shea Blvd., Phoenix
- June 20, U.S. Bank, 28934 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix
- June 28, Compass Bank, 21001 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix
- July 2, Compass Bank, 18411 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix
- July 7, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, 826 E. Union Hills Dr., Phoenix
- July 23, Compass Bank, 11475 E. Via Linda, Scottsdale
- July 27, Compass Bank, 702 E. Union Hills Dr., Phoenix
- Aug. 2, Chase Bank, 630 E. Bell Rd., Phoenix
- Aug. 4, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, 4619 E. Cactus Rd., Phoenix
Any information about the "Billfold Bandit" should be reported to the FBI at 602-279-5511 or online at www.BanditTrackerArizona.com.
The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force is comprised of the Phoenix Police Department, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and the Mesa Police Department. Copyright 2011 KPHO. All rights reserved.
The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force is comprised of the Phoenix Police Department, Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and the Mesa Police Department.
Copyright 2011 KPHO. All rights reserved.