Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 medium golden delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 tsp olive oil
8 ozs cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
6 whole wheat pita bread rounds, lightly toasted
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
- Toss apple with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in hot oil, stirring frequently until crisp-tender.
- Add turkey to skillet and stir until heated through.
- Stir in apple mixture.
- Add garlic to yogurt and mix.
- Fold pitas in half and fill with turkey mixture.
- Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Number of Servings: 4
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.