Artichoke heart and asparagus salad with strawberry dressingUpdated:
Prep Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes
6 lettuce leaves
6 artichokes (small), prepared and cooked as directed for whole artichokes
1 lb fresh asparagus spears, cooked and chilled
1/3 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
2 tsp honey
1/4 tsp allspice
- On six salad plates, arrange lettuce leaves.
- Halve artichokes lengthwise; remove center petals and fuzzy centers and discard.
- Remove outer leaves of artichokes and reserve to use as a garnish for the salad.
- Trim out hearts and slice thinly.
- Arrange artichoke slices on lettuce leaves with asparagus spears and shredded carrot.
- Add a few artichoke leaves for garnish.
- For dressing, in blender or food processor container, measure all dressing ingredients.
- Cover and process until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon dressing over salads to serve.
- Serving suggestion: Salad can be prepared ahead; cover arranged salad plates and chill up to 4 hours before serving time.
- Spoon on dressing just before serving.
Number of Servings: 6
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.