Former Fiesta Bowl CEO enters 2nd guilty plea

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on March 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM

PHOENIX (AP) — The Fiesta Bowl's former CEO has pleaded guilty in federal court to a felony conspiracy charge stemming from his role in an illegal campaign-finance scheme.

John Junker entered his plea Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Phoenix. It's his second plea agreement in the case.

The 56-year-old Junker pleaded guilty last month in Maricopa County Superior Court to a state felony charge of soliciting a fraudulent scheme.

Both guilty pleas stem from a scheme in which the Fiesta Bowl reimbursed with bowl funds employees who made political campaign contributions.

Junker's attorney says his client faces up to 2½ years in prison on the state and federal charges combined.

The Arizona Republic (http://bit.ly/zzZr3M) says Junker's state sentencing is scheduled for April 26 while his federal sentencing is on May 21.

Print
Email
|