Court says pitcher's wife died from drug overdose

Print
Email
|

by Paul Davenport / Associated Press Writer

azfamily.com

Posted on December 1, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Updated Tuesday, Dec 1 at 11:23 AM

PHOENIX --  An Arizona appellate court ruling says former Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Scott Schoeneweis' wife died from an overdose of cocaine and an anesthetic, lidocaine.

A three-judge Court of Appeals panel made that disclosure Tuesday in a ruling on whether an autopsy report and other records on Gabrielle Schoeneweis' death must be disclosed under Arizona's public records law. The ruling says further proceedings are needed to determine that.

Gabrielle Schoeneweis was found dead on May 20 in the master bedroom of the couple's home in the Phoenix suburb of Fountain Hills.

An attorney for Schoeneweis argued in a lawsuit filed against state and Maricopa County officials that releasing information on the cause of death would cause emotional suffering for the family

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
 

Print
Email
|