Fire damages UA's McKale Center equipment room

Print
Email
|

by The Associated Press

azfamily.com

Posted on November 5, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Updated Thursday, Nov 8 at 2:52 PM

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- A fire that broke out in an equipment room at the University of Arizona's McKale Center caused an estimated $60,000 in damages.
 
Tucson Fire Department officials say Saturday night's fire was caused by spontaneous combustion of a pile of cleaning rags.

The fire spread to shelving units in the equipment room, which stories supplies for several sports programs including uniforms, shoes and workout clothes.
 
McKale Center houses the university's basketball arena and athletic department offices.
 
UA Athletic Director Greg Byrne says the cost of additional damage to equipment and other school athletic property hasn't been determined yet.
 

Print
Email
|