TEMPE, Ariz. -- With just over one week left, Arizona State has released their updated fall camp depth chart.
There are no major surprises, but a few interesting developments:
- As expected, newcomer Jaelen Strong is the starter at the X wide receiver position.
- Senior Kevin Ozier is the starter at the Y (slot) position, but freshman Ellis Jefferson continues to battle for the job.
- Oft-injured senior Kyle Middlebrooks is Marion Grice's top backup at tailback, with D.J. Foster and Deantre Lewis the top two at running back.
- Fall camp star Gannon Conway remains the starter at defensive end, ahead of Davon Coleman.
- Chris Young is listed as the co-starter at both WILL and SPUR linebacker. The team continues to tinker with the linebackers, and while Young is the only certainty in the group, his place is yet to be decided.
- Anthony Jones is listed with Young at SPUR, with Salamo Fiso joining Young at WILL.
- Despite not being able to fully practice yet, Damarious Randall is listed as the co-starter at field safety with Robert Nelson. Randall is looking doubtful to play in the opener, so look for Nelson to start initially.
- Freshman Marcus Ball, the presumptive starter at field safety prior to his injury, is not yet listed.
- Lloyd Carrington and Nelson are listed as the co-starters at field cornerback, but Carrington has a hold on that job.
View the complete depth chart HERE