Your Life A to Z Recipe: Tuesday, October 22nd
By: Cullen Campbell, Crudo
1 ½ cups flour
2 cups milk
½ tsp. salt
1. Pour flour into mixing bowl. Crack eggs into flour then add salt & milk. Whisk until smooth.
2. Using a crepe pan or a non-stick pan turn burner on to medium heat. Add a little canola oil to pan. Once hot ladle the crepe batter into the pan just enough to cover the bottom. Brown one side, and then turn crepe over to make sure it has been cooked through.
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
1 bay leaf
Pinch of nutmeg
1. Make a roux with butter & flour on medium high heat until golden brown.
2. Heat milk & bay leaf almost to a boil then add milk to the roux pan while whisking constantly. Season with salt, pepper & a pinch of nutmeg.
2 cups ricotta
1 oz. basil, chopped
1 oz. parsley, chopped
½ oz. thyme, chopped
1 small roasted butternut squash
1. Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and whisk together.
1 cup grated parmesan
1 cup grated fontina
Oil a springform pan or pizza pan and lay one crepe down. Scoop a generous amount of filling on the crepe, spread evenly over from side to side, top that with a layer of bechamel & sprinkle with a little cheese mixture. Repeat the same process again, top with one more crepe, spread bechamel on top crepe & sprinkle cheese mixture on top. Place in a 350 degree oven for 35 minute until the top is golden brown. Pull out of the oven, let cool for 30 minutes & slice just like a pie.