Your Life A to Z Recipe: Monday, November 6th
By: Chef Lee Hilson
• 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced into thin 2-inch-long strips
• 2 finely chopped onions
• 4 ounces butter
• 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup beef stock
• Pinch dry mustard
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 6 ounces white wine (optional)
• Salt and pepper
1. Season meat strips with salt and pepper. Saute onion in butter until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute about 2 minutes or until collapsed. Add meat and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in flour.
2. Mix stock with mustard and tomato paste and pour into the pan. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for no more than 15 minutes (or until beef is to your liking). Temper sour cream with a few ladles of hot cooking liquid. If using wine, add to sour cream. Return mixture to pan and heat through until thickened. Adjust seasonings and serve with panfried potatoes on the side.