Four to Six Servings
6 sweet red peppers, roasted (see below) and chopped into 1/4" pieces
1 white onion, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
4 T olive oil
3 cups pure water
4 ears fresh corn, shaved from the stalk (or substitute 1-1/2 cups organic frozen corn, defrosted)
1 Jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced
2 tsp white wine vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
2 T cilantro, chopped
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add the oil.
2. When oil is hot add the onions and sauté until translucent.
3. Add the corn, water, vinegar and jalapeno.
4. Bring to a low boil for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool for 3 minutes.
6. Transfer to a food processor, add roasted red peppers, and puree until smooth.
7. Refrigerate until serving time.
8. Season the chilled soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
9. Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.
Roasting Red Peppers
1. Preheat broiler on high.
2. Place red peppers on a baking sheet and broil, carefully turning peppers as each side blackens, to expose all sides.
4. When skin of the peppers is blackened remove from broiler, place in a small mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool.
5. When cooled, discard skin and cut peppers as indicated in recipe.
(You can also halve and seed the peppers, then lay them flat to broil.)