Yield: 6-8 servings
1 Tbsp Butter
1/3 cup Bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
3 Tbsp Fresh herbs (thyme, oregano rosemary), chopped
¼ cup Pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
3 lb Summer squash (zucchini, yellow crookneck, patty-pan etc.), cut in chunks
2 Tbsp Olive oil
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large cloves Garlic, chopped
2 each Tomatoes, cored and cut in chunks
1 bunch (1/2lb) Kale, washed, tough stems removed, torn in 2 inch pieces
1. Per-heat oven to 475 degrees. Place a large, heavy bottomed roasting pan in the oven
2. Melt the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook slowly until light brown; stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Transfer the browned crumbs to a mixing bowl and allow to cool. Stir in the parmesan, herbs and pine nuts; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, toss the squash with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Pour the squash into the hot roasting pan and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Stir the garlic, tomatoes and kale into the roasting pan. Roast an additional 5 minutes until the tomatoes are heated through and the kale is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to a warm serving dish. Sprinkle the buttered parmesan crumbs over the casserole and serve.