• Kosher salt
• 1 pound tricolor pasta, such as bow tie or fusilli
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 to 3 teaspoons dijon mustard
• Freshly ground pepper
• 2/3 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
• 1/4 cup diced onion
• 2 large pickled pepperoncini peppers, diced
• 3 tablespoons halved black olives
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
• 1 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 1/2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain, then rinse with cold water to cool.
Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in enough of the oil to make a smooth dressing; season with salt and pepper.
Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, onion, pepperoncini, olives and oregano in a bowl. Add the cooked pasta, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the vinaigrette and both cheeses and toss. Chill until ready to serve.