Cured Smoked Salmon
1 Side WILD SALMON, filet, skin on pin bones removed
4 Fl Oz TAMARI/SOY SAUCE
4 Fl Oz TRIPLE SEC/GRAN MARNIER
.5 Lb KOSHER SALT
.5 Lb SUGAR
1 Ea ORANGE, zest of
1 Ea LIME, zest of
1 Ea LEMON, zest of
1 Oz MARJORAM, picked
1. Mix all ingredients together., except Salmon.
2. Place Salmon in glass baking dishes and cover with cure for 24 hours.
3. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator.
4. Next day rinse salmon under COLD running water and pat dry with towel.
5. If you have the time let the salmon dry unwrapped in cooler, this allows the smoke of the grill to penetrate and stick to fish.
6. If you have a smoke available place fish in smoker on bottom rack, and place a pan of ice on rack above. Set temperature to 100 degrees and smoke for 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Remove Salmon and cool. This will leave you with a rare, smoked salmon.
8. You can serve the salmon rare an cold, lightly warmed in oven or on grill to a temperature of medium rare
Building the Salad
3 Oz *SMOKED SALMON Heat to order
1.5Oz *HARD BOILED EGG, diced
2Oz *SMASHED FINGERLING, broken pcs Deep-fry in 350º for 2-3 min,until golden and crispy, Drain well
1.5Oz BUTTER CRUNCH, torn
1Oz CALAMATA, halved
1.5Fl oz *CAPER DRESSING