1 can (8 to 10 oz) chickpeas, thoroughly drained and gently dried in a clean napkin
1/2 cup olive oil
About 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
About 2 T minced fresh parsley
Kosher or sea salt to taste
Fresh lemon juice to taste
1. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. When hot, add olive oil and heat oil until it ripples, but is not smoking.
3. Carefully add chickpeas that have been drained and dried.
4. Shaking the pan, cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the chickpeas are tan to golden brown. They will pop and bounce as they cook. When finished, they will sound hollow.
5. Pour chickpeas into a basket strainer and let most of the oil strain away.
6. Toss chickpeas in a bowl with 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1 T parsley, about 2 tsp lemon juice, and salt. Taste and add more of everything as desired.
7. Serve immediately.
Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Truffle Oil
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1 tsp truffle oil
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/8 cup fresh Parmesan, grated, preferably on a microplane
1 tsp salt
1. Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
2. Heat oil in a FryDaddy or other fryer to 3000.
3. Add sprouts and cook for 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
4. Combine sprouts, lemon juice, truffle oil, salt, and half the cheese in a large bowl and toss to distribute evenly.
5. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with remaining cheese.