• 2 cups diced pancetta (about 11 ounces) or bacon
• 3 pounds Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, outer leaves removed, split in half
• 8 medium shallots, sliced thinly
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons of good quality balsamic vinegar
• ¾ cup of pine nuts
• one tablespoon of orange marmalade
• ¼ of a cup of chopped Italian parsley
Adjust oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and place a heavy rimmed baking sheet on each. Preheat oven to 500°F.
Toss sprouts, shallots, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Heat up a pan and when hot sauté the diced pancetta until crispy (7-8 minutes ish). Once the pancetta is brown remove it with a spatula but leave the pancetta grease in the pan. Throw the sprouts, garlic and shallots in the pan, and sauté’ them for 3 minutes at high flame until gold brown.
Once they sprouts are brown remove them from the stove.
When oven is hot, working quickly, remove the baking sheets with a dish towel or oven mitt. Divide brussels sprouts mixture evenly between both trays, shaking to distribute into a single even layer. Return pans to oven. Roast until brussels sprouts are deeply charred and fully tender, about 20 minutes total, tossing sprouts and rotating and swapping pans top to bottom half way through cooking.
Immediately after removing from oven, drizzle sprouts with a good quality balsamic vinegar, the pine nuts, the fresh chopped Italian parsley and add the tablespoon of orange marmalade. Shake to coat. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if desired and serve.