Time for my favorite monthly segment called Ten Under Ten, which features ten beauty items that are all sold at Walgreens for under $10. Managedmoms.com beauty writer and cosmetics expert for Walgreens, Bianca gives us her picks, so check it out and stay on your beauty budget!
1. Wet n Wild Fergie Eye Kits ($7.99 at Walgreens) – Bianca says that this is a super value set developed by Wet n Wild and superstar Fergie. She has three variations, one called “For Your Edgy Side,” another one labeled, “For Your Hip Side” and a third one that sports the name, “For Your Glam Side” and all three are a hit, according to Bianca. For only $7.99, you get one eye shadow palette, one shimmer eye liner, one liquid eyeliner and one mascara. Plus each kit comes with step-by-step instructions on how to achieve the pop star’s glamorous makeup look. Fun!
2. Maybelline Color Sensational Highgloss Shine ($6.49 at Walgreens) – Bianca tells me that this is Maybelline’s glossiest gloss which gives a super shine to your lips. It also includes a nice brush applicator.
3. Revlon Midnight Express Shadow Palette ($9.99 at Walgreens) – This makeup is endorsed by our own local superstar gal, Emma Stone! Colors are luxurious and universal and the palette travels nicely.
4. Cover Girl Clumps Crushers Mascara ($8.99) at Walgreens – Bianca says that this mascara produces 200% more volume, without producing those dreaded clumps.
5. Elf Brush Set ($9.99 at Walgreens) – With 10 pieces sold in this kit, this is a great value. Plus the Eyes, Lips, Face company gives back to charities and continues to be a brand that produces quality cosmetics at economical prices.
6. Baylis & Harding 2-Piece Bath Set ($9.99 at Walgreens) – Bianca suggests this as a nice thank you gift to your hostess when you stay in their home. I agree and love this idea. This is also a nice set to place in a guest room if you are hosting folks and the scent is a nice sweet fragrance.
7. City Color LED Light Up Lip Gloss ($4.99 at Walgreens) – This fun lip gloss comes with a built-in light and mirror so your lip gloss can be applied anywhere and at any time. Use it to check your teeth after a meal, too! That is my manic managed mom tip! Don’t you hate it when you walk around with a piece of salad in your teeth because you didn’t check? I will use this lip gloss for a post-meal smile check, while at the same time glossing my lips! Love it!
8. Nivea Smooth Moments 4-Piece Set ($9.99 at Walgreens) – This super economical set keeps skin and lips super moist. Great price on a great brand!
9. Studio 35 Compact Mirror ($4.99 at Walgreens) – This compact mirror gives you two mirrors, with one that is twice the magnification to see your skin up close. Plus you can also store your business cards in this cool compact, too.
10. L’Oreal Limited Edition “Sparklicous” Nail Polish ($5.99 at Walgreens) -- Bianca says that her customers love this spectacular sparkle nail polish that adds the perfect finish to your glamorous outfits.
Happy beauty budget shopping. We hope this monthly 10 under 10 helps to keep your hard earned beauty dollars in check. And remember to visit www.managedmoms.com for more budget beauty news, parenting talk, recipes, holiday ideas and more.